Financial Secretary Job Description
The Financial Secretary is a part-time position and the amount of time may vary according to need. The Financial Secretary is under the supervision of the Pastor. This person should generally work on the same designated days and times each week so that members may know when the church office is open.
Office hours are to be set with the pastor and church secretary. These should be around half of a day per week. The expectation is to get all the responsibilities done during office hours.
· Posting expenditures
· Preparing financial reports
· Preparing IRS reports
· Preparing and distributing end of year statements
· Informing the pastor weekly giving reports
· Have weekly staff meeting with pastor and church secretary
· Pay the Church expenses
· Be at Business Meetings unless special circumstances arise. The pastor should be made aware of absence before the meeting.
· All other duties as assigned by the pastor
Financial compensation shall be determined by the personnel committee and approved by the church during a business meeting. It should be evaluated annually.