July 2nd Update
The deacons met to discuss the coronavirus and how our church should respond to the rapidly changing situation. Governor Abbott has announced an executive order requiring face covering for everyone in public, however in his order he gives exemptions and I will quote #9
"any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged."
So you are not required by the executive order to wear masks at the church's service. With that in mind the deacons and Ben have decided the following:
- There will be no Sunday School or Nursery for the July 5th service.
- We will have the 11am service in the church building.
- You will NOT be forced to wear a mask.
- HOWEVER, if you have been in contact with someone, or possibly been in contact with someone who has Coronavirus or Coronavirus symptoms please stay home.
- We will be live streaming the service for certain on Facebook and we are working to possibly get it to other platforms as well.
- This will be evaluated week to week by the deacons and Ben.
If you have any questions, concerns, needs, or anything else please do not hesitate to let a deacon or Ben know.