July 2nd Update
The deacons and Ben met today to discuss the coronavirus and how our church should respond to the rapidly changing situation. Governor Abbott has announced an executive order requiring face covering in public for everyone in counties with 20 or more positive Covid-19 cases. Scurry County currently has more than 20 positive cases, however in his order, he gives exemptions and I will quote #9:
"any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged."
So you are not required, by the executive order, to wear masks at the church's service.
With that in mind, the deacons and Ben have decided the following:
- There will be no Sunday School or Nursery for the July 5th service.
- We will have the 11 am service in the church building.
- You will NOT be forced to wear a mask, however if you would like to wear a mask you can and we have mask provided if you do not have one.
- If you have been in contact with someone, or possibly been in contact with someone who has Coronavirus or Coronavirus symptoms please stay home.
- If you are not feeling 100% healthy for any reason, please stay home.
- We will be live streaming the service on Facebook and we are working to, possibly, stream to other platforms as well.
- This will be evaluated weekly by the deacons and Ben.
If you have any questions, concerns, needs, or anything else please do not hesitate to let a deacon or Ben know.
Darryl Calley, Chairman of the Deacons
Billy Welch, Deacon
Keith Clements, Deacon
Shane Smith, Deacon
Nathan Wright, Deacon
Dale Jones, Deacon
Ben Moore, Pastor